Some of the results of the Tibetan Aid Project’s book distribution:
- It has stimulated education in the Himalayan region.
- It has filled hundreds of libraries with Tibetan books.
- It has fostered literacy across segments of Tibetan society, especially among women and laypeople.
- It has enabled nuns, who were traditionally limited to non-scholastic activities such as prayer and chanting, to study texts and earn advanced degrees.
- It has improved the economy of Bodh Gaya, India, which is located in Bihar, the poorest state in India.